Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Name Change

So I decided to change my name to "A Sojourner" from "An Average American". It might seem like a simple change, but I actually put a lot of thought into it.

Truth be told, I am not "An Average American" financially speaking. My parents are upper-middle class and I live in The United States of America not just America. If you put me in that bigger Western Hemisphere pool, I'm really doing well as compared to the rest of the citizens. I might be average in a lot of other ways (mostly brain power and baseball skills), but it seemed misleading the more I looked at it.

So I switched it to "A Sojourner," because the truth is we're all just passing through. I know it's a morbid thought, but I also know that I'm a pretty morbid gal. I've always been taught to "leave the campsite better than I found it." So I think it's only right to apply it to my life, which will - in fact - someday end.



Learn more about my namesake if you haven't already...

No comments:

Post a Comment