Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Success #5

THIS MEAL!



It is totally delicious. Here are the amazing ingredients:



As you can see, it is not yet a zero waste meal. The noodles I got from a food pantry a while back. I still have quite a few bags to go so I won't be zero waste on the noodle front for quite some time (anybody need some macaroni?!?!). Like I said in my last post I was a wuss about the feta cheese at the salad bar. The salad bar also didn't have kalamata olives for me to buy in bulk. I could have gone to Whole Foods but I don't gots all the time in the world. Someday I will make that change though, stick with me folks. Everything else is from the farmers market. Look at those tomatoes! (If you read my last post you will see that they were grown locally) I had zucchini on my shopping list but decided to get cucumbers instead and on a whim bought the beautiful spinach.

You will notice though that this could easily become a zero waste meal. So I'm looking forward to the day when it is!

It was such a simple recipe I just:
1. Diced the tomatoes, cucumbers, feta.
2. Cut the spinach in thin strips by bunching all the leaves together and slicing close together.
3. Halved the kalamata olives.
4. Dumped the aformentioned ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Cooked the macaroni according to the package and threw it on top of the other ingredients.
6. Added balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mayonnaise, oregano, basil, salt, & pepper to taste.
7. The hot noodles wilt the spinach a bit. The flavors fold together. Ouila!

So fast. So easy. So fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment